1. Important information and who we are
2. What information does ID.DEX collect?
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, date of birth, government issued identification, photographs, biometric information (including but not limited to device fingerprinting), company name, and password when you use our Site.
- We may also collect other Personal Data provided by third party identity verification services orvia social networking websites.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device or computer to send us your location), we may store that information.
- Certain services, such as two-factor authentication, may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily when seeking support services, such as email, information submitted via online form, video conferencing service information, other contact information, or other information provided to support services staff.
- We may collect other data, including but not limited to, referral URLs, your location, blockchain analytics information related to blockchain addresses you provide.
- Our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files.This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as transactinal data and other session data linked to your Account.
3. How does ID.DEX use the information it collects?
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and/or
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you and perform identity verification through a service provider;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as account activity, transaction processing, security or support and maintenance advisories;
- identify, prevent, and report potentially suspicious, fraudulent, or illegal activities;
- We use IP address to make our Site and Services more useful to you, and to perform identity verification.
- We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
MarketingWe provide you with choices regarding certain Personal Data that ID.DEX uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
(a) Promotional offers from usWe may use your Personal Data to determine what may be ofinterest to you. This is how we decide which products, services,and offers may be relevant for you. By using our Services or requesting information from us, you opt-in to receive marketing communications.
(b) Third-party marketingWe will obtain your express consent (opt-in) before we share your Personal Data with any company outside of the ID.DEX for that company’s own marketing purposes.
(c) Opting outYou can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us.
4. How does ID.DEX share my personal information?
- It may be necessary to disclose your information to law enforcement agencies, regulators, government/public officials, or other relevant third parties to comply with any law, subpoenas, court orders, or government request, defend against claims, investigate or bring legal action against illegal or suspected illegal activities, enforce our Terms, or to protect the rights, safety, and security of ID.DEX, our users, or the public.
- We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; to verify your identity; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third-party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by us.
5. How can you update your information?
7. What security precautions does ID.DEX take to protect me?
8. Your legal rights
|This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. This is also commonly known as a "data subject access request".|
|This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
If you need to add or change any information, you can log into your Account and make the change in your settings. If it doesnt look like you can make the change on your own, please reach out to us via the Support Center and we'll take care of it.
|This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Data to comply with applicable law.
Please note: your right of deletion would not apply for various reasons including if we need to retain your Personal Data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish or defend a legal claim. Where we are unable to comply with your request of deletion, we will notify you at the time of your request.
Object to processing
|You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing
|This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios:
Request to transfer
|If you ask us, we will provide you or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdrawal of consent
|This applies where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.